Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable natural person such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, or any account number of an individual.
We store the information you submit via data collection forms when you as an individual or as a representative of an organization register to become a member, make a purchase or donation, or register to attend an event. This information may include, but is not limited to your contact details (such as your name, address, telephone number, year of birth, and e- mail address), the name and identification details and demographics of the organization you work for and your job function and professional contact details, and any other personal data that you would voluntarily provide us.
Other than what is provided under the cookies section of this policy, we do not collect personal data from website visitors who do not intentionally register for membership or an event.
If you pay for anything on our site, we collect and securely store payment information such as credit card information using a service that complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). We store the amount of the purchase, your billing and shipping information to process the order, and a description of what you purchased. Any financial information is transmitted directly and securely to the servers of a PCI-compliant payment gateway service called PayPal.
We use the personal data that you provide us for the following purposes:
- to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services at your request, to respond to any enquiries you may make, to follow up and to establish and maintain our relationship with you or the organization that you represent or work for. This is based on our legitimate interest to reply to your enquiries and build our relationship;
- to keep you informed of any developments linked to our services and events if you have recently been in contact with us or if we have an existing relationship, including via the organization that you represent or work for. This is based on our legitimate interest to reply to your enquiries and build our relationship. However, we will not send you direct marketing without consent where such consent is
- to provide you with information about products and services, including events, and to provide you or the organization that you represent or work for with such products and services, including events, and in general to be able to work with you and the organization that you represent or work for if you are contacting us or working with us on behalf of such entity. This is based on our legitimate interest to reply to your enquiries and build our relationship and, where relevant, the necessity of the processing for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- to evaluate and improve our website, and to prevent or investigate actual or suspected fraud, hacking, infringements or other misconducts involving our products and services, including this website, based on our legitimate interest to do so;
- to evaluate your application when you send us your CV at your own initiative or as a reaction to job opportunities mentioned on our website;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and, in our legitimate interest, industry standards;
- for dispute handling and litigation, also based on our legitimate interest to defend our interests. Should we use personal data for other purposes you will be provided with additional information at the time of
We will not make your personal data available to anyone other than our staff, chapter officers and service providers who perform services on our behalf for the above-mentioned purposes. We will never share your personal data with other third parties. This includes that we will not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal data to third parties. When we use third party service providers (for example for sending mailings) we disclose only the personal data necessary for them to deliver their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes. We may need to disclose your personal data when required by law, or when such action is necessary to comply with a current or potential judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process, and/or in connection with a verified request relating to criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
Access to your personal data by staff and chapter officers is regulated through a strict policy ensuring data is provided on a need to know basis and is not used for other purposes. All activity on the PCE-A website is encrypted and secured using the latest security practices. Any data transmitted manually, such as by fax or phone, is destroyed as soon as possible once it has been processed.
We are committed to protect your data protection rights including: the right to delete your personal data from our records, the right to amend or rectify your personal data, the right to object to the use of your personal data, the right to restrict processing of your data, the right of access, and the right of portability of your personal data. To perform these rights, please notify PCEA Director of Communications by phone or email of your request. When you are a data subject in the European Union, or are using products and services of our EU establishments, including events in the EU, the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679, also referred to as the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR", applies to the collection and processing of your personal data. PCEA is the controller of your personal.
Under the GPDR you have:
- the right of access to the personal data that we as controller process about you, as well as a right of rectification and erasure of your personal data;
- the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing of your personal data, and the right to object to the processing;
- the right to obtain from the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine- readable format, the personal data the you have communicated to the controller in order to transmit this data to another controller (the so-called "right to data portability"),
- the right to withdraw always, your consent with respect to the processing which would possibly be based on your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory
We store all personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose of the processing. That means for instance that we keep our members' data throughout their membership and for a period of at least 10 years after termination. We keep financial data such as payments and invoices for a period of 7 years. We will in any event not keep your data for a period longer than ten years after you have last been in contact with us for evidentiary purposes.
Cookies are unique electronic tags that many established web sites use to gather information about their visitors. As is common practice, based on its legitimate interest, PCEA uses strictly necessary cookies to return visitors to logical pathways in logging on as members and for auto-populating forms throughout checkout processes. The information collected by and stored in cookies is only used to improve your experience on our site. Any information that you volunteer on the site is used only for these stated purposes and is never sold.
Constant Contact (We use for Email Communication)
Our newsletters, invitations for events and other information that we send you on the basis of our legitimate interest or consent, as applicable, are sent via the Constant Contact e-mail communication service. You can unsubscribe from receiving such e-mails by using the links provided at the bottom of every email sent by PCEA via Constant Contact. Once unsubscribed, you will not receive newsletters, invitations for events and other information by email from PCEA using Constant Contact and after approximately one week we will have your email unlisted for these purposes from our database.
Links to Other Sites